Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in Ann Arbor...

We returned yesterday around 2 in the afternoon from Ann Arbor, where we spent Christmas at my mom's house. We had a great time and got to see a lot of family and friends which was wonderful.

We were so lucky with our travel, we had no issues flying there or coming back which was amazing. There were was some crazy weather and a lot of delayed and cancelled flights in the week surrounding Christmas that thank goodness didn't affect us. Audrey is true form got sick on Monday and was not feeling great until about Friday, but she was a trooper. The flight out was a little hairy before take off, but she slept almost the entire flight so it was fine.

We got to Michigan and Charlie's parents picked us and our millions of pieces of luggage up from the airport (you would have thought we went for weeks and not a couple of days). We went to my mom's house and celebrated Christmas Eve with my mom, her boyfriend Jim, my sister, my brother, Charlie's parents and good family friends, the the Freeman's.

We enjoyed Christmas and spent a pretty low key day with the family. We got up and opened presents which was an event in it's self (there were 8 adults and Audrey, just a couple of gifts to open). The rest of the day we pretty much relaxed which was nice. Audrey made 3 outfit changes which was fun. Granted I didn't get any good shots of her in her Christmas dress, she is still in the "not easy to take pictures of" stage I guess. We ended the day with a wonderful dinner and said good bye to Charlie's parents that night. They headed back to Chicago and headed to Orlando to spend some time with his sister and her husband.

Friday, we went up to Fenton and celebrated Christmas with my dad and got to see his new house which was great. We also got to spend some time with my Grandpa which was nice, I hadn't seen him for well over a year. He is 92 and looks darn good if I do say so.

One of the fun parts of the trip was getting out my brother and sister and I's old toys for Audrey to play with. My brother has a Brio Train set that my mom still has that we set up. Audrey actually thought it was cool, and enjoyed sitting in the middle of the track and saying "choo choo". I also found a copy of the Little Mermaid, VHS of course, in the basement and brought it up to play for Audrey. The movie as a whole didn't excite her, but she LOVED Under the Sea and Kiss the Girl and danced her little butt off several times to them (ok, maybe all of the Lutz women danced with her).

Overall we had a great trip! Thanks mom for everything, we really had a great time! It always goes by too quick, but hopefully we will see everyone again soon...

Audrey and Aunt Danielle...
Audrey and Dad on Christmas...Audrey, my Grandpa and I...
Audrey playing with Grandma Lutz

No comments: