Thursday, December 11, 2008

18 Months...

Audrey turned 18 months this past weekend (unbelievable right?) and we went in for her 18 month check up yesterday. You will all be happy to hear that my little chunker is following her weight and height curves almost exactly. She weighed in at 29 lbs 10 oz (97th percentile) and measured 33 inches(95th percentile). I'm happy that she is growing and is healthy, but not so happy to think that I am carrying around almost 30 lbs on my hip with her and soon to be 30 lbs up front with the baby. Oh well, it will build my arm muscles right?

No huge developments from the appointment, though we did have a discussion about Audrey's milk drinking. We have kidded for awhile that we should get a cow out back with the amount of milk the girl drinks, it really is unreal. I was told that she should only be having 16 oz a day (which is 2 full sippy cups) when she is currently drinking 4 + cups a day. Apparently she can get anemia from all of the milk, which seemed so weird to be but I googled it and confirmed the doctors concern (I guess milk can actually block iron absorption and is very low in iron itself). So we need to work on that. I also got the ok to switch her from whole to 2% milk. The funniest part about her weighing so much is she doesn't eat much at all, so I think most of her fat is from the milk right now and I am hoping with the drop to 2% that will help things. I was also asked if she knows 10 words and I kind of said "oh sure" because I really have no idea. I got home and told Charlie that and he laughed and said there is no way she says that many words. Low and behold we counted (and kept counting thru out the evening) and she knows at least that many, so I guess that is good right?

Here's to a healthy kid...

No comments: