Monday, December 15, 2008

Testing, Audrey & a Newborn...

So we had an awesome weekend (but exhausting at the same time) last weekend, but I haven't had time this week to write about it! I can't believe how this week has gotten away from me, or that Christmas is now officially a week away, ugh... I had an overwhelming list at the beginning of the week but I have knocked off a ton and am feeling a little bit better. But I digress...

We made a trip up to Marblehead to visit the LaBossiere family. They not only just had a new baby boy, Michael, but they just moved into a new house so we went up there to see both new additions. Michael slept 99% of the time we were there (and it was over 3 hours) which I still can't believe. Charlie asked if we could "order one of those" (I am kind of hoping the same). He decided to get up right before we left so I could hold him and Audrey could get to have some practice with this newborn baby thing. She actually did really well, she was very curious, but gentile with him. She also didn't freak out while I was holding him like I thought she would, I thought she would be jealous but no, barely noticed. So hopefully this is a good sign for things to come...

Audrey and Maddie got to play while us adults caught up and got tours of the house. It is always fun to see them interact with each other. They are 3 weeks apart and are doing the same things, but they are different in their personalities (and in looks, Audrey is a good amount bigger then Maddie, but she doesn't seem to have a complex yet) but they always play pretty well together. They enjoyed chasing each other around in circles through the house (the little things in life right?) and playing with Maddie's toys.

Their house brought back major memories for Charlie and I. They bought an old house that is a fixer upper and have been working on it for a couple of months before moving in. What they have done already looks great and it was nice to finally see the house after hearing about it since September! Of course being there sparked Charlie's need to do a project on our house, so he started talking about finishing the basement as soon as we got home. There is always something...

No comments: