Monday, December 15, 2008

Cookie Swap '08...

This past Sunday I hosted a Cookie Swap at my house, my 4th year doing it so far. It is always a ton of fun and this year was no exception. I had 22 ladies attend this year, which meant 22 different types of cookies, yummy! I was a big dork and took pictures once all the cookies were set up, I couldn't resist, it looked awesome.

For those of you that are looking for something to host for the holidays that isn't your typical Christmas Party this is really fun and easy. Its also nice to have all ladies, sip some cocktails (I make Pomegranate sparklers, Pomegranate juice with sparkling wine & pomegranate seeds in the bottom, yummy!), eat some cookies and enjoy some time on a Sunday afternoon. I feel like I am pretty laid back with it (though some may beg to differ:) and I realized that with having Audrey things were even more laid back this year. Everyone brings 2 - 3 dozen cookies, some to sample during the party and then everyone gets to take at least 1 of each cookie home with them. I will probably make a slight adjustment next year and cut up some of the cookies so that they are easier to sample (it's hard to taste 20 cookies no matter how hard you try). I also have everyone send their recipes ahead of time so that I can print them all together so people can make the ones they like whenever they want.

Thanks to everyone that came, I had a blast and hopefully you all did too!

No comments: