Thursday, May 22, 2008

Polka Dots...

I'm starting to get really excited about the big 1st birthday bash, it's just over 2 weeks away!

I had been waiting for the invites to all go out to post a picture of them. They came out quite cute if I do say so. A special thanks to my friend Lisa at work who is a Photoshop master and helps me to perfect my visions (she also played a key role in my Christmas cards this year, she brought my snowflake to life!)...


The invites have spawned the "theme" we have decided to go with: Polka Dots. Cute right? Not too over the top kid-y or theme-y which was what I was going for. I also figure it will be a relatively easy theme to pull off which is key with a 1 year old...

I am trying to figure out what to do about the cake right now. I want to have 1 small round cake each for Audrey and Maddie and then a larger cake for the rest of the guests. In theory I would love to stack them like this beautiful cake... I am not the greatest cake baker and am not sure how that will play out. I want to do pink and navy like the invites, how cute would that be???

No comments: