Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Churchill Downs...

We were lucky enough to visit and dine at historic Churchill Downs while we were in Louisville this past weekend. Charlie's parents were kind enough to treat the entire gang to brunch there. The concept seeming cool to me, getting dressed up and having a nice brunch at Churchill Downs. I had no idea what we were actually going there to do though! There were actual races going on while we ate, it was really cool! There was a window out to the grandstands and racetrack that we could watch the races from our table or walk outside and watch.

Here is all of us eating (brunch was wonderful btw!)...

Mr. Ruzic provided all of us "kids" with some seed money to get us started betting and spur a little friendly competition. I had never bet on horse racing before (heck I haven't bet on anything other then squares for the Super Bowl!), and the Ruzic's were kind enough to help me learn the ropes. They tried at least. I still don't really know what all those terms mean (boxed in, tri-fecta, place and show???). I am happy to say I won the bets I placed on the 1st 2 races (didn't do so hot on the rest but that's ok) which was really exciting. It's pretty cool yelling for a horse to win. It was even cooler that I just picked the horse's name I liked the best to win. Why not right? Here is one of the races. I wish I could say it's one of the one's I won but it's not.

Here is the entire gang... Grandpa is hiding back there, but other then that it's not a bad shot!

Speaking of Grandpa, Audrey got to spend some quality time with him. They watched the horses (which Audrey hissed at as she does dogs which is a hole other story) but Grandpa says what she like the best were the tractors going by after the race. No need for a grandson, a granddaughter can be just as into cars, trucks and tractors:) Charlie took the opportunity to take some great pictures of the two of them.
Here is Audrey eating on of the tickets. We thought we had lost so we gave it to her. Come to find out we won a small amount for the horse Charlie bet on winning the race (I still don't get all this stuff). The guy at the ticket counter was very nice and took the ticket, chewed and all...

Here is the family shot...
Yes, some of you have seen this dress before:)

Audrey and me


Here is the happy engaged couple, that we all gathered to celebrate...
Aunt KK & Uncle Vinnie

The happy couple with mom and dad...

Here are Audrey and I with Mrs. Horneffer after she had given Audrey her birthday gift. The Horneffer's got Audrey a purse and it is the coolest thing ever! It has a phone, lip stick, keys and best yet a credit card and case! Audrey loves it! Btw, she also got a Raffi cd from the Ruzic's which is also awesome! I have been wanting to get her one of his cd's for awhile, no kid can go without Raffi, right??? Baby Beluga in the deep blue sea....



We had a fabulous time. Audrey enjoyed herself, though most of the time we were there was during nap time. No matter, this is her 30 seconds after we go in the car...


It's a rough life, isn't it???


Btw, her adorable dress is brought to you by the lovely Stilson women (my BFF Jaime and her mom Gail and sister Danielle)... It is so cute and hopefully she will fit in it all summer!

No comments: