Sunday, June 22, 2008

Pictures with the Tirado's...

Audrey had her 1 year old portraits taken today, finally! I booked this session I think last October and have been looking forward to it every since! The session was with Rene & Melissa Tirado of Tirado Photography. As many of you know, they were the photographers for our wedding almost 4 years ago and we absolutely loved them! They are the sweetest couple and take the most amazing pictures. They just won Best of Boston 2007 and totally deserve it. I have told them how I feel we were so ahead of the curve booking them 4 years ago... Anyways, when Audrey was born I knew I wanted for them to do a portrait session with her. It ended up working out for it to be her 1 year portraits. I decided I really wanted the pictures outside and not in their studio for a more casual feeling. We decided to meet up in the Public Gardens downtown which I thought would be perfect. Well, last Sunday was our appointment and of course it poured rain ALL day! I was so bummed and nervous we wouldn't be able to re-schedule. But the Tirado's were awesome and said they could meet today. Of course the weather forecast all week said rain for today and again got nervous. But it worked out perfectly! It rained briefly right when we were walking to meet up but it was fine the rest of the time (and the day for that matter!). Anyways, Audrey did great. I was nervous with the timing around her nap and all that jazz but she was fine and seemed to enjoy being the center of attention (shocker right?). She made it a full 45 minutes and we went to several different parts of the park for different pictures. I decided this week that it would be really cool to get pictures of her with the Make Way for Ducklings statues (they are bronze statues from the book by that name). The Tirado's were really into it and Audrey loved standing there with the duckling. Charlie took a couple of pictures of her while she was standing there so you get a sneak peak at the pictures.

Melissa said the pictures should be online in a couple of weeks so I will let you all know when they are if you want to look at them. I can't wait to see them! And can't wait til our next session with Rene and Melissa... Hopefully this can become a yearly tradition...

No comments: