Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day...

I'll start with a Happy Father's Day to all you dad's out there (though I'm not sure there are many of you that actually read this). I'll continue with the fact that we didn't have the best Father's Day, or weekend really, around the Dennison household. Charlie came down with some kind of flu/virus/we don't know what it is on Friday and was down for the count all weekend. He didn't leave the couch or our bed all weekend which stinks. He did get to spend some time with Audrey this morning and I snapped a couple of pictures, of course. Audrey went out and bought this cute t-shirt (ok, I had to have it, it's brown, how could I resist?) that basically says "My Daddy is: Strong, Funny, Handsome, Brave, All of the Above". Of course Audrey check "All of the Above". She also got him "Daddy Kisses" a cute board book that I couldn't pass up.

We were also supposed to have Audrey's 1 year picture's today, which if you have talked to me in the last week or so you know I was REALLY looking forward to this! We were supposed to meet the photographers that did our wedding, Melissa & Rene Tirado, downtown in the Public Gardens this morning. Unfortunately it was not meant to be today, it rained most of the day and with Charlie sick we decided to reschedule (hopefully for next Sunday). Stay tuned for that, I know we will have some wonderful pictures when we actually meet with them!

On a totally separate note, we did have one big thing happen today: Audrey took her 1st steps! Pretty exciting! She has been standing up in the middle of the room all this week and we have been waiting to see where she goes with it. This morning she stood up in front of me and I held my arms out and she took a step towards me, then proceeded to squat and crawl the rest of the way. No matter, she's on her way I think. She also started furniture walking this weekend, which to be honest I thought she was already doing, but now that she is actually doing it I realized I was wrong.

Wish Audrey and I luck to not get what Charlie has and for Charlie to feel better ASAP!

No comments: