Wednesday, April 1, 2009

At Home...

I have been horrible about posting in the past couple of weeks, which is kind of ironic because I am actually home now. I am taking an early leave, going back to work in August, and am on my 3rd week now being home. I must say I have enjoyed it so far. I feel like I am getting the best of both worlds which is wonderful, but I am struggling to keep Audrey on some semblance of a schedule which is not easy.

Audrey is going to day care 2 - 3 days a week, so I have those days to get things done. My list is long and keeps getting longer, but I have been doing pretty well at checking things off. There are things on my list that I have been meaning to do for over a year (print all of the pictures from Audrey's 1st year and put them in an album, bad mom right?) and of course there is getting ready for this baby to come.

I am also getting some great time in with Audrey. We have a 4 or 5 day block together and it has been really nice to spend so much time with her. She is getting very clingy to me and I can't tell if she knows the baby is coming or if her new "schedule" is just lending to this. Poor Charlie hasn't been "aloud" to put her to bed recently, but I know it is just a phase. We made it to the Children's Museum last week which was a lot of fun. I took no pix, as it was hard enough running after her the entire time. She enjoyed herself, and she could actually "do" a lot more there then I was expecting. There was a room just for toddlers, and the other rooms had enough for her to explore and get into, as long as she wasn't competing with some of the older kids there.

I'm under the 6 week mark for baby #2 to make his arrival which is both exciting and terrifying... I am getting his bedding this week (a big thanks to Cathy Freeman for making everything!) so I will hopefully post some pix of his nursery then.

No comments: