Monday, April 13, 2009

Bunny Bread...

So my mom asked last week if I was making bunny bread with Audrey and I kind of laughed and said probably not. It was one of those things that sounded like it would be fun to do with her, but I knew she would probably be into it for 5 minutes then leave me with the rest. My mom (and my sister for that matter) insisted I make it with her, like what kind of mom was I? I don't know if there is any history behind bunny bread, but my mom still fondly recalls me making it at one of my friend from high schools house and how neat it was (I actually contacted my old friend on Facebook and she still makes the bread which is pretty awesome!).

Anyways, I decided what the heck, I had all the ingredients mine as well. It was actually easy to make and Audrey did enjoy at least some of the process. She again ate the dough, which I didn't think she would like because it is not sweet but she didn't seem to care. She is becoming quite a pro with adding ingredients and mixing batters. I need to get her a spoon that is her size, I feel like that might help keep the stuff in the bowl and not all over my counters & her but who knows...


Here is the finished product (4 of them actually). You are supposed to do whiskers and grass and all kinds of decorations but I was happy to just get to this point. Maybe next year...

1 comment:

Danielle Lutz said...

Look at my little niece cheese up with the bunny bread!! We knew she would love it :) She's already a lutz women: she LOVES BREAD!