Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bring on the Easter Bunny...

I think we are finally ready for the Easter Bunny's arrival in the Dennison household. We have Audrey's bunny ears out, and by some miracle she will actually wear them. We (ok I) made an Egg Tree that I have wanted to do for many years and never got around too. We have a plethora of plastic eggs, ready to be hide, if I can find any of them when the time comes (they are all over the house of course, many up in Audrey's room because she wants to sleep with them).

Yesterday we finally made Easter sugar cookies, which I believe makes us ready for Easter... Granted there will be no cookies left by the time Easter comes next week, details details... Audrey calls cookies "cupcakes" and enjoyed making the dough, eating the dough and eating the frosting (all of the best parts right?). She had no patience for the rolling and cutting out of the cookies (I thought maybe she would think it was like Play Dough, wrong) so note to self to do that when she naps next time.
We have no big plans for Easter at this point. We are going to make it to church, it has been a LONG time since we have been there I won't even mention when it was. I would like to go see my family in Pittsfield, but I think the drive will be too much for me right now, I am uncomfortable sitting on the couch for 10 minutes, I can't imagine a 2 1/2 hour car ride. We have a neighborhood Egg Hunt on Saturday that I am looking forward to. This is the 1st year Audrey can partake, we will see how she reacts to the 50 or so kids running around...

1 comment:

Barbara Dennison said...

Ymmmmm. Grammy wants a biteof those Easter cookies!