Saturday, April 18, 2009

the Zoo...

Audrey and I went to the Franklin Park Zoo last Friday and had a great time. I have been wanting to take Audrey to the zoo, as we have never been and I thought she might finally enjoy it. I wanted to fit it in last week for 2 reasons a) it is school vacation week this coming week and I had no desire to be there with all those people if I didn't have to b) after that who knows if I will be able to walk around a zoo for that long! The trip worked out well. It was the most gorgeous day, it actually hit 70 which was awesome! Those of us in the Northeast hadn't seen that temp in quite awhile.

We went with our neighbors, Heidi & Izzie which was great. Izzie is 5 months older then Audrey and the 2 of them have been having a lot of fun together lately. Heidi got a pass from the library to get us all in free which you can't beat right? That being said, it is good that we didn't pay. The girls had a blast, but it wasn't because we were at the zoo or that there were even animals for that matter. They were just so excited to be able to run around, they could have been just about anywhere.

I thought it would be a good time to try out our new double stroller, and while it did serve its purpose and was great to test drive (can I tell you that I am SO happy we got the City Mini??? at least after one use of it:), the girls were out of it most of the time.

Anyways, we had a great time and will definately go back. Hopefully that will be after I am done being pregnant so I can actually run after Audrey. She seems to know that I am at a disadvantage here lately and loves to just run the opposite way of me. Awesome right? She really is lucky she is so cute...

1 comment:

Danielle Lutz said...

aw fun!!! How did you guys get in free?? I wanted to do that with Audrey when I was there for memorial day weekend!!