Sunday, February 1, 2009

Bye Bye Crib...

Audrey spent her 1st night in a bed last night and I have to say it couldn't have gone smoother. While we were at tumbling yesterday morning, Charlie took her crib out of her room (had to take the thing apart since it wouldn't fit thru the door, not part of the plan but oh well) and replaced it with her new bed. We figured it would be easier to try and have her nap in it while we were awake and could monitor how she was doing then to spring the new bed on her at bedtime. She reacted really well when we went upstairs and saw the bed for the 1st time. She ran over and got right on it and said "bed". We ended up doing a toddler size bed and I was actually shocked at how small the bed looks. The crib took up way more room, which I wasn't expecting (same mattress, should be same size right?).

Nap time wasn't so easy, Charlie had to go in there 3 or 4 times to tell her it was nite nite and not play time (we could hear her little feet running around doing who knows what in there for awhile, kind of funny). She finally got it and had a decent nap. Last night, I put her in and she fell right asleep. I was worried all night that she was going to fall out (we didn't end up putting any kind of rail up, but the bed is only 16" off the floor), which Charlie thought was silly and I guess he proved to be right. She didn't wake up until 7am this morning.

She is working on a 2 hour nap right now, so I feel pretty good that this has been a smooth transition. Charlie commented this morning how good she is with transitions and when I thought about it he is right. She gave up her pacifier on her own, and she had no issues giving up her bottle or going from nursing to formula to milk. We will see how she does with the biggest transition of all, arriving in May... I have my fingers crossed it will be just as smooth...

No comments: