Monday, February 9, 2009

20 Months...

So Audrey turned 20 months old this weekend which to me means my baby is rapidly approaching the 2 year mark which is a little scary. Her independence and personality are in full swing, for better or for worse. Here is what she is doing right now:

Talking: In the last 2 weeks Audrey has really started talking. She has been saying words for awhile now, but she is now pointing and saying words without us asking her to. She chattered so much this weekend that I thought that maybe I should take back wanting her to talk, like she didn’t stop. I have no idea where she gets that from. Her favorites are: chair, car, choo-choo, and oh-no. She also enjoys pointing at the snow and saying snow, but doesn’t like the snow, go figure. She recently starting saying “mine” this weekend which I am not thrilled with. I blame it on her being at day care and having to stake her territory.

Eating: Or lack there of I guess I should say. Her diet lately is not overly stellar. She loves yogurt, apple sauce and pasta (elbows with butter, I’m not sure why I started that). Other then that it is a crap shoot what she will eat at any given time. She is feeding herself really well and will tell you which utensil she wants to use. She also has to have everything in a bowl, everything, and will go get it for you to put something in. She has gotten into the habit of grazing and not sitting and eating a meal which is driving me nuts. She very rarely will sit in her high chair anymore and prefers sitting in a chair at the dining room table (no booster, she won’t have that). We did successfully get her off of her extensive milk drinking per doctor’s instructions. We switched her from whole to 2% and have been trying to give her more white grape juice/water which she seems fine with. We decided we were the ones giving her milk all the time, she didn’t actually need/want it. I also started her on vitamins a couple of weeks ago because I got nervous about her lack of veggie intake. My doctor recommended the liquid stuff, so I have been putting it in her juice and she doesn’t seem to know the difference. Plus it makes me feel better.

Other Stuff: She has started playing more by herself which has been nice (we used to always have to sit there and play with her). We moved her toys into our sun room and she has really been enjoying playing in there. She keeps finding things that she hasn’t touched in months which is great. She started enjoying coloring recently which I am really excited about (I can’t wait to do crafts with her, shocking I know). Except for the part when she draws on the floor, the wall, her table, anything other then paper. Thank goodness for Magic Erasers. She loves Blues Clues (and Noggin in general) and watches probably more of it then she should. She rarely sits and watches the whole thing though, she kind of uses it as a back drop while she is playing, and it give me a chance to get dressed, make dinner, etc. She makes me laugh daily at her expressions and the stuff she does. Like having to take off her clothes if she gets any food on them (which happens a lot since she doesn’t like to wear a bib), hearing the word bath and running full speed to the stairs to take one and saying "oh-no" when she drops something, then running to the kitchen to get a towel to "wipe" up the spill (but doesn't pick up the say Cheerios that were dropped). The crib to bed tranisition went smoothly and she loves her new bed. The only kink is she is getting up a lot earlier and I can't figure out why. It's good during the week but this weekend was not so good getting up at 6:30 when we are used to her sleeping until 7:30...

No comments: