Thursday, January 29, 2009

She Escaped, Again...

I was really hoping that Audrey getting out of her crib on Sunday was a one time deal. I don't know why I thought that was possible... She got out Monday night after I put her down for bed, apparently she wasn't ready to go to sleep. But we put her right back in and she fell asleep and that was that.

Last night, I woke up at 1 am to Charlie yelling "Audrey!" as I hear little pitter patter of feet running down the hall. She u-turned and came in our room and I scooped her into bed (I so didn't have the energy to get out of bed and try and put her in her crib). I actually sat in bed for 5 minutes, dying laughing at the picture of her escaping and the sound of her feet, which didn't help matters. Charlie left for the guest room, and after 2 hours of Audrey tossing and turning I had had enough and put her back in her crib. Well 1/2 hour later I hear her feet, AGAIN! So I put her back in bed with me and she actually feel asleep, taking up the majority of the bed, but I didn't care at that point. So needless to say there wasn't a lot of sleeping going on in the Dennison household last night.

Charlie is going to make her bed frame on Saturday (we figure I can do the head board later) so hopefully she will be out of her crib this weekend. We are scared she is bound to fall one of these times and hurt herself, she unfortunately got my klutzy genes and is not overly graceful. I still don't know how she is doing this without making a huge sound, especially at 1 in the morning, she must have been 1/2 asleep right? Until then, we are going to try and shut her door completely and hope that she can't open it. I'm just nervous she is going to get out and then not be able to get back in her crib. Who knows... Wish us luck, it may be a long next couple of nights... I guess maybe it is practice for what is to come in May...

1 comment:

Mary Vaca said...

OMG that is too funny. Ava's only climbed out of her actual bed once, but she's too short to get back in, so we came up to check on her a few hours after she went to bed and found her curled up asleep on the floor with her favorite blankie as a pillow. So sad.