Monday, January 26, 2009

Nursery...

So after much debate on how to decorate Baby #2's nursery (is it sad that that is what we call him??) I finally feel like we are moving in the right direction. I have had a hard time getting excited about decorating a boy's nursery for multiple reasons. The main one being that all things that are "for" boy nurseries are either a) blue & brown, which I love but it is so over done and I want something different or b) Very theme-y, like sports, or trains, or trucks or something and I'm just not into that (I figure when he is old enough to tell me he wants a room with trains we will get a room with trains, til then I get to pick).

So I decided to do gray walls with navy & white fabric and accessories. I picked out a paint color a couple of weeks ago, this gray color:

It is Benjamin Moore AF-705 Cinder from their new Aura paint line. I learned that you can't color match their new AF (Affinity) colors to paint other then the Aura (something about the chemical make up of the paint) so I was lucky that Charlie got a guy that new what he was doing and added colors until it was right. The room got painted yesterday and looks great. It is darker then I had expected, but I love the color.


I ordered the fabric for the room this past week too. A wonderful family friend is making some stuff for the room with fabric I have found since I can't find anything that I like at the stores or online (the same friend did all of Audrey's bedding and curtains that I still love to this day!). I picked this navy & white print for the crib skirt and some pillows. I added this giraffe print to the order at the last minute because I thought it was kind of fun. I'm going to do some pillows with that as well.




























I had originally wanted to do the navy & white print for the curtains in the room to give it some interest and personality, but decided against it. It's a small room, and we decided that it would just be way too much. So I got white curtains with grommets at the top this weekend from IKEA that I think will be perfect and will lighten up the room.

Charlie is touching up the paint next weekend and then I get to work on my little project: I'm doing a navy & white grid on the cover of the Murphy bed in the room (if you haven't seen this wall I know you have no clue what I am talking about). As you all may remember from Audrey's room, I love focal walls (her pink & green harlequin pattern is still going strong), and this is going to be the one for this nursery... Pictures to follow, hopefully it turns out the way I plan...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh boy oh boy! Will this be in progress when I come to visit on Thursday? So excited!

Unknown said...

Oh, this is Jaime. But I am logged into Doc's computer. hehe!