Friday, January 2, 2009

Lunch with Aunt Jaime...

When we were home over Christmas we were able to meet up with my BFF Jaime and her mom for lunch, which I was very excited about! I don't get to see Jaime enough as she lives in Chicago and I haven't seen her mom in well over a year so it was good to catch up. After much discussion we ended up at Zingerman's Roadhouse which was good food (though a bit on the overpriced side) and a laid back atmosphere which was perfect.

I wasn't sure how Audrey was going to handle sitting thru lunch since we stopped taking her to restaurants months ago due to her inability to sit still for more then 5 seconds. She ended up being awesome, though she fell asleep on the way there and slept for a good 1/2 hour out in the car with Charlie which probably helped. She even got to eat a hot dog, as if anyone knows Zingerman's, if you are going to let you child eat a hot dog this is the place to do it (all natural, organic, Kosher, etc.).

Jaime is very good to Audrey and always gets her the cutest things (her navy & white Polo dress from this summer and her favorite stripe socks to name a few). This Christmas was no exception. She knows how much Audrey loves purses (she found this out when she got me a purse and Audrey used it more then I did for the first week) and carrying them around. She found an adorable purse and matching dress at babyGap that is just perfect! Audrey knew right what to do when she opened the purse, she started stuffing sugar, Splenda & Equal into it from the table. Perfect, can't leave home without that stuff... Thanks James!

I get to see Jaime (and hopefully her new beau) in February so I am already looking forward to that!

No comments: