Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cupcakes...

All day yesterday I was craving cupcakes (well, baby #2, not me right?). I was going to buy one at lunch and then decided for the same price I could go home and make a whole batch of the kind I wanted, perfect. So Audrey and I went to the store, grabbed some white cake mix and some rainbow chip frosting (actually we got 2 of each, just in case). Audrey is loving helping in the kitchen lately and she really loves when the Kitchen-Aide mixer comes out (really a must for every kitchen, I love mine!). She had never had cake batter but quickly learned that she LOVED it and proceeded to put her hand in the bowl and take out handfuls of batter and eat it. Pretty comical and a great way to ruin her dinner but oh well. Don't worry, the cupcakes aren't leaving our house:)


After dinner I thought it would be fun to frost them with her (plus Charlie and I were dying to eat one, and it had to be frosted). Oh it was fun, and messy and I can't believe she went to sleep shortly after with all of the sugar that she put into her little body... She wanted nothing to do with the cupcakes at this point, just took the knife or her finger and put it directly into the frosting and into her mouth. Who can blame her?

1 comment:

The Moons said...

Hi Kristin,
I have really enjoyed reading your blog! (I added it to mine so I can get to it easy!) Your daughter is adorable! I LOVE my kitchen aid mixer and can't wait for Taylor to get to an age she can help me in the kitchen!! Congrats on #2!! Take care!