Friday, November 7, 2008

17 Months...

As I look at the calendar, today Audrey turns 17 months old. Not a milestone by any means, but I thought I would share an update on what she is up to now...

The girl has quite the personality. She makes it quite clear what she wants and makes it quite clear how mad she is at you if you don't give what that thing is (right now it is making her come inside at night, she would stay outside all night if we let her!). I try not to give in, but I'm not very good at it. Charlie is proving to be much stronger with her in that respect. She is as vocal as ever, but is certainly not constantly saying real words. She will repeat you when you say things, and has a handful of things she says on her own, some real, some made up, but we get it just the same. She loves running around in circles in the house, especially when she has something she knows she shouldn't and sees us coming after her. She is proving to have inherited my klutzy genes and falls quite often, but it doesn't seem to phase her at all. It is pretty funny when she is just walking and all of the sudden she falls, over nothing, then gets right back up and continues on her way. We just got her her 1st baby doll, a Bitty Baby, that she LOVES. She calls is BA-BA (who knows) and walks around everywhere with it. Her appetite is not great as of late, but she eats ok. Her favorites are edamame and candy right now (the later which she isn't aloud to have and causes the above temper tantrums).

I am starting to try and figure out what I am going to do with her this winter. She is so full of energy that there is no way she can stay in the house. I am thinking about signing her up for either a Gymboree class or a tumbling class at the YMCA (thanks Nicole for the great idea!), I haven't decided which one yet. I am frustrated at the offerings of classes for her age that are NOT during the week. As much as I would love to go to an art class on a Tuesday at 9 a.m. I can't and the options on Saturdays seem to be very few... (I couldn't be the only working mom out there wanting their toddler to be in a class could I???)

1 comment:

Danielle Lutz said...

I know you're looking more into classes to wear her out, but what about swim lessons for her?... with her strong personality i dont know if you'd want to but I've seen so many toddlers at the pools lately and they LOVE it. the classes are PACKED.