Monday, November 1, 2010

The Fairy and the Dragon...

We had a successful costume year in the Dennison household... Audrey picked out her costume for the first time which was exciting for me. She chose a fairy costume weeks ago, and joined the other 90% of 3 year olds that were fairies & princesses this year. I'm totally ok with that. She loved it, looked adorable and it even proved to be a great costume for layering which was key since it was freezing out when the sun went down.


Chase was another matter. We had 3 costumes for him at one point, a lion, a monkey (both hand me downs) and a dragon I bought. He hated them all. I finally got him in the monkey costume last weekend and it seemed that was a go. I returned the dragon even though I loved it but couldn't justify the money when who knew if he would wear it. Fast forward to Saturday night before Halloween and I was in Old Navy with the kids returning something and stumbled upon their costume rack. All at $5. And there was a dragon. And it was freaking cute. I put it on him in the store and he ran off and left it on til we got home. So Chase was a dragon, and darn cute if I do say so (the tail was the best!). It again was a warm costume which worked well and he kept it on all night so what more could I ask for...

No comments: