Thursday, March 5, 2009

Beth & Jim's "Baby Party"

We had a Couple's Shower this past Friday night at our house for our friends Beth & Jim and it was an absolute blast! They are due Easter Weekend (almost 4 weeks before me) with their 1st child which is very exciting. We wanted to celebrate the little ones upcoming arrival, and include all of their friends here in Boston, but we were under strict orders that there could be no gift opening. Hence a cocktail party Couple's Shower was born! I think everyone enjoyed themselves, and all of the guys thanked us for showing them that a baby shower could be fun...

I co-hosted the party with another of Beth's friends, Kendra and it worked out amazingly well. We were on the same page with everything (decorations, food, etc.) and it was so nice to split everything between 2 people (especially the prep work the day of the party!). We had quite a spread of appetizers and desserts, and it was nice to get some new recipes and ideas from Kendra (I always end up making the same thing for parties, gets boring!). They are not finding out what they are having, so the color scheme needed to be neutral. We ended up using a grown up version of pink, blue & green: hot pink, navy & lime which I thought was really fun. We used the colors for the invites, flowers and all the paper goods. I ended up having paper bands made to put on the flower vases that matched the invites (thanks Lisa!). I love the way it turned out...

Kendra took some fabulous pictures of all of the details from the party, flowers, food, etc. (pictures that I would take, and she did so without me asking, I told you we were a great party planning match!) that I thought I would share....

And btw, for those of you that are wondering what we did with Audrey during the party, you will be happy to know she slept thru the ENTIRE thing... Now she did get up at 6:30 the next morning, but that is another story...

1 comment:

Carey said...

You definitely know how to through a great party. Thanks again for everything, we all had a blast!