Friday, September 12, 2008

Jackie's Day...

So last Saturday was dubbed "Jackie's Day". My good friend Jackie is getting married (1 month from yesterday, the countdown is on!) and we had her Bridal Shower and Bachelorette Party all in one day. The phrase of the day was "You can do whatever you want, it is YOUR day". And what a day it was.

We started the day with her shower at a cute little coffee shop in Bucktown called the Ark Cafe. It was the perfect location and all of the staff there were extremely helpful. The food was wonderful, Holly picked out an awesome menu, and we were able to bring our own champagne to make mimosas for everyone which was awesome and a perfect touch(I love that you can BYOB in Chicago, stupid blue laws here). Jackie is doing her wedding in a green and brown theme with lots of polka dots and stripes, I love it! We tried to tie that in, and got cute mint favors from weddingpaperdivas with green polka dots and brown writing. We also found perfect napkins that were green with brown polka dots to use as a table runner. I think the shower was a success. There were certainly plenty of everyone's favorite black & white boxes and gifts for her to bring home...

After the shower, Holly, Jackie, Jackie's friend Jeannie and I went and got mani / pedi's which was awesome. It turned out to be one of the best pedicures I've gotten in awhile. I even veered from my normal boring color and got one of the new Essie fall collection pinks, I kind of like it...

I will keep the bachelorette description PG seeing as this is a family website, but I will state that we are all getting old and bachelorette parties aren't what they once were. That being said we had a great time. We started out the evening at Holly's condo for some cheese & crackers and Sangria. From there we headed to DelaCosta, a restaurant downtown, where we had our own private room reserved for "Holly's Party" and a 4 course meal. It was a great place, and awesome food, we were all stuffed when we left. We did a roast of sorts for Jackie, where we all told stories, which was pretty hilarious. The best part is all the stories were about Jackie, as it was "her day" so the rest of us just got to laugh... From there we headed to a couple of bars and then home by 1:30 (which was plenty late enough for me)... All in all I think "Jackie's Day" turned out to be an awesome day, hopefully she agreed!

All the ladies at dinner, we were in a Wine Room, it was pretty cool...

No comments: