Thursday, September 18, 2008

15 Month Appointment...

We had Audrey's 15 month appointment yesterday, which I wish I could say was uneventful but I would be lying... She definitely is not a fan of the doctor's office, though she loves the waiting room so if we could have our entire appointment out there maybe there would be less crying. She has been pretty cranky the last couple of days and it turns out that she is cutting 2 teeth and has a cold and her ears are pink and swollen but not infected (yet, keep your fingers crossed!), so she actually had some valid reasons for her wonderful behavior. Getting shots didn't exactly help the matter, but the Tylenol she got after seemed to make her a little more comfortable.

So she got her 1st flue shot (thimerosal free - they have them in stock this year thank goodness), which who the heck knew it was flu shot time already? Note to self for next year I guess. She got another shot too that I don't remember what it is. We are holding off on the MMR shot til 18 month as my doctor has said that one is one of the controversial shots regarding autism. She told me there is no harm in holding off til 18 month if I wanted to, and yes I want to hold off, why risk it if we don't have to? I love my doctor, I love that she tells me those things and lets me make the decision. I was also informed that there is such a thing as drinking too much milk (I had no idea, I figured its good for her so why not drink a ton?). So we need to work on that, which will not be so easy as the girl LOVES her milk. We also need to work on our veggie intake as it is pretty much zero right now. I am thinking of purchasing the Jessica Seinfeld cookbook "Deliciously Deceptive" as I have heard it is a great way to sneak in veggies.

So for her stats, Audrey is staying strong on the 95th percentile curve. She weighed in at 27 lbs 2 1/2 oz and measured 32 1/2 inches. I thought she had slowed down her growing but apparently I was wrong.

No comments: