Monday, September 8, 2008

Girls Weekend, Chi-Town Style...

I just returned from a girls weekend in Chicago and let me tell you it was much needed and a wonderful time! My good friend Jackie is getting married in October and we had her shower & bachelorette festivities (which I will post separately about when I get some pictures from it, somehow I forgot my camera at home!) this past weekend in Chicago where she (and all the other girls for that matter) live. I actually got to see a ton of friends which was awesome, since as many of you know the majority of my friends live in Chicago and I don't get to see any of them often enough.

Friday night I got to catch up with friends from high school, Lina and my BFF Jaime, over dinner and wine. Saturday I spent a ton of time with sorority sisters that I haven't seen in ages, which was awesome. Sunday I met up for brunch with another friend Amy who used to live out in Boston with us and who I haven't seen in forever.

Jackie and Holly were with me the entire weekend and it was so good hanging out with them! It had been a long time since I had spent that much time with either of them and I really had a blast. We were all roommates in college for multiple years and have plenty of stories to tell (but we focused on the Jackie ones this weekend, it was "her" weekend after all). Holly was a trooper and let me stay with her all weekend. A big thank you to her for putting up with me and letting me use all of her stuff!

It has been awhile since I have been away from Audrey for that long, but I think I did pretty well with it. I checked in a couple of times, but that's normal right? I won't lie, I was definitely ready to see her when I got home last night. Charlie kept her up until I got home as it was a little past her bedtime. She greeted me with a "mama" which she NEVER says (why do they say dada 1st? don't they know that we are the ones that carried them around for 40 weeks????) and made my heart melt. Maybe she missed me too...

No comments: