Sunday, September 30, 2012

Eight Years...

Charlie and I had our 8 year anniversary last week. Not as momentous as 10 will be, but 8 sure does sound like a LONG time and it is amazing to me how quickly it was flown by. Its hit or miss what we actually do to celebrate every year and it has become increasing not so exciting since the kids arrived. This year was pretty special though I have to say. Charlie's parents were in town the weekend before (not for our anniversary but to see the kids:) and I suggested we take advantage and try and go out to eat to celebrate. I never heard anything more about it until Friday night after his parents had gotten there he announced we were going into the city on Saturday, going out to eat at Top of the Hub and staying the night at the Colonnade. I was pretty impressed I must say. We thoroughly enjoyed out night out and really enjoyed staying at the Colonnade all these years later. The staff is so friendly there, and Charlie told everyone we met that we "got married here 8 years ago you know"... A big thanks to his parents for allowing us to get away! And here's many many more years of marriage to the love of my life and father of my beautiful children. I'm truly blessed and love you more than anything...

View from our seat at dinner, 52 stories above Boston...

 Dessert, yum!

Breakfast in our room the next morning. Was amazing the spread they brought up...

No comments: