Monday, April 2, 2012

{real} movie time...

We have been doing our fair share of movie watching since I have been home for better or worse... Since Chase dropped his nap it has been the only time I get to myself! I call it rest time after lunch and Chase calls it "movie time"... But neither Audrey or Chase have every been to a real movie, like to the theater. Sad right? I'm not a huge movie person which is probably a large reason for this (I would much rather watch one in the comfort of my home with a glass of wine) but it is sad just the same. When I saw the Lorax was coming out I decided it would be a good first movie for them. I originally was just going to take Audrey but wasn't sure how that would go over (Chase wants to do everything she does, of course). Then I found out from a preschool mom about a "mommy" movie showing at one of our local theaters . It is a 10 am show that caters to moms and young kids (lights are on a bit, music not as loud as usual, etc) which I thought was brilliant and a great way to introduce the theater to the 2 of them. Of course they only do it on the 1st Monday of every month. Audrey happens to be in school on Mondays. So she played hooky today :) Overall it was pretty fun. It was little too long for Chase but he sat the whole time. Audrey loved it and asked tons of questions. Grayson slept in my arms the entire time. I would call it successful, right?

Here's some not-so-great documentation from my phone...


No comments: