Monday, September 28, 2009

5 years...

Charlie and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary this past Friday... I can't believe that it has been 5 years already, though a lot has changed in that time (buying a house and having 2 kids to start). We were lucky enough to be able to get away for a night this past weekend to celebrate. My mom is in town and she insisted we do something alone to celebrate while she was here. And I'm glad she did. We ended up booking us a room at the Wayside Inn down on the Cape (in Chatham, which is where we got engaged) and it was perfect. We got 24 hours of being "Charlie & Kristin" and not "Mommy & Daddy" which in itself was priceless. We had perfect weather, great food and drinks and got to sleep in until 9 am, could it get any better? We are hoping to go on vacation in January to really celebrate this milestone anniversary. We have had to scale it back a bit and move it til January due to the craziness of the past year, but that is fine. As long as we end up on a beach somewhere with a drink in our hands I'm all set... Here's to many many more years of being happily married to my wonderful husband! I'm sure the best is yet to come...

1 comment:

The Moons said...

Congratulations! I am still trying to figure out... what is this sleeping in until 9am you are talking about!?! :) I am hoping for our 4 year anniversary coming up I might get to find out!