Friday, August 28, 2009

August Catch-up...

Can you tell I am back at work? I haven't posted anything since I started a couple of weeks ago so I thought I would do a quick catch-up post. Things have been a little crazy, but we are adjusting. I say "we" because everyone has had their schedule totally disrupted by me going back to work, Chase is at Nancy's for the 1st time, Audrey is going fulltime for the 1st time in 5 months, Charlie is having to pick everyone up and start/make dinner and I have to go to work, yeah. And work is work. The anticipation of going back was much worse then actually going back. While it is sad to leave Chase, I am very confidant that he is in good hands all day. That being said, Nancy was on vacation last week, so Charlie's mom and sister came out to watch the kids. A big HUGE thank you to both of them! It was so wonderful having them here. Each kid had their own adult to cater to their every whim, and Charlie and I had dinner cooked for us every night as well as cleaned up after. We were spoiled and I am now wanting to look into full time hired help because of it, it only right? I know Grammy and Aunt KK enjoyed their time with Audrey and Chase too. They made cupcakes, went to the pond and the park and all sorts of fun things. But I think the biggest development of the week was Audrey calling Barbara "Grammy" and Karen "KK". Audrey has been stubborn about calling any of the family any names except for Charlie's dad (he is Papa for reasons unknown) but it seems she finally gave in. We also got to see my dad and brother Sean as they decided to take a last minute road trip and stopped in for the weekend. It was nice to see them, and I was happy that Sean got to meet Chase as he was the only family member who hadn't yet. So here are some pictures...

Ice Cream for lunch, yumm....

Chase and Grammy...

Chase & Daddy...

Chase & Aunt KK...

1 comment:

Barbara Dennison said...

I miss all of you (Aunt KK, too) so much. I had a great time. Audrey, today Papa and I saw an ice cream truck pulling a giant ice cream cone. You would have loved it!

Love,

Grammy