Sunday, August 9, 2009

26 Months...

I know, who cares how many months she is, but I haven't done an update on her in awhile and I figure now is as good a time as any. And really, people at the playground refer to their 2 year olds in months so I figure I can too... Let me just say that being home for the last 5 months with Audrey has been amazing. I have gotten to spend so much time with her and watch her as she grows daily. I won't lie, she sucks the life out of me sometimes and sometimes I feel like she is attached to me as she won't leave my side. But her personality is so high energy that she keeps me laughing constantly as well as wearing me out. Her speech has improved leaps and bounds and she has finally started using sentences. Her vocabulary grows daily and while I can't always understand what she is saying, she usually helps me figure it out. And she has no issue telling you what she wants or what she wants you to do. Everything is "my", "my cup", "my bunny", "my Chase". She loves to play with just about everything and anything. Indoors she is into tea parties, coloring with her crayons and chalk, and is finally getting into to books a little bit (at least flipping thru them). She loves flash cards and anything that she can look at the picture and tell you what it is. You can see when she isn't confident in her answer, she gets really soft spoken which is so interesting to me. Outdoors, well she could play out there all day. She loves her bikes, running around the yard, and the sidewalks and anywhere she can get away with running, drawing with chalk everywhere. Charlie built her a little area under the deck to hold all her stuff and she loves that she can go in there and get what she wants out. She loves Chase. She really is very good with him. As soon as he cries she yells "I come my Chase" and runs to where he is. She has her moments where she wants me to put him down and focus on her, but I don't blame her. I am interested to see how she adjusts when I go back to work after having me around so much... And how I adjust, ugh...

No comments: