Sunday, May 17, 2009

One Week...

Well, we survived our first week home with Chase. Things are going well, and are definitely getting better by the day. He is a wonderful, content baby as long as I can keep him fed. He is doing the normal infant thing and sleeping tons during the day and not so much at night. I am definitely tired, but he is sleeping for at least one 4 - 5 hour stretch at night so I really can't complain.
He had his 1st doctors appointment early last week. He weighed in at 9 lbs 2 oz already (95th percentile) already. Everything else looked great, though we did end up having to get his billirubin checked again (actually we went 2x because the 1st results weren't what the doctor wanted). He is fine now
though, and his color has dramatically improved. By Friday he was up to his birth weight, which shocked me, but I have to say it is really nice not having to worry about him eating or gaining weight. Audrey took 3 weeks to reach her birth weight and it was very stressful making sure she was eating enough. That said, my mom and I keep laughing that he really doesn't look that big to us. Maybe it is because we have nothing to compare him to but his 2 year old sister. My friend Beth is coming this week with her daughter Katelyn who weighs less then him and is a month old so I guess we will see then...

2 comments:

Barbara Dennison said...

We love you, Chase. You certainly look like someone we know and love, too. The second picture took my breath away. It looks so much like a picture of your Dad.

Love,

Grammy

Unknown said...

Love the outfit! :)