Thursday, May 14, 2009

Coming Home...

Well we are all home now and slowly adjusting to our new life. There doesn't seem to be enough time in the day right now to do everything, but I am assuming that is going to get better with time, right?

We had a slight glitch coming home from the hospital. They discovered that Chase had jaundice on Sunday afternoon and put him directly under the lights due to his level and his age at the time. We were both supposed to be discharged on Monday at 1:30 pm, but we found out Monday morning that Chase needed to stay overnight as his billirubin level hadn't gone down. This was a major bummer, but I am glad that the pediatrician was proactive in getting him better. I ended up being able to stay at the hospital til 7 pm due to my awesome nurse. I called 1st thing Tuesday morning to get an update on whether he would be coming home that day and we got the best news scenario, that his levels had dropped overnight and we could come pick him up!



So the adjustment begins... Remembering what it is like to have a newborn in the house again (like how often they eat), having a newborn in the house at the same time as a 2 year old, and running on no sleep. He had a rough night his 1st night home (or Charlie and I had a rough night) but last night was better and hopefully we are moving in the right direction at least.

Audrey has been adjusting much better then I expected, though I know it is early. She seems to really like that she has a baby and especially likes all his stuff and loves to put her bunny and or doll in all of it (and herself if we don't catch her in time). She got to hold him for the 1st time last night and she actually did pretty well, though she was watching Go Diego Go during the entire thing. She definitely hates when he cries and when I feed him (which has been happening at the same time more often then not) but I'm sure that won't last...


3 comments:

The Moons said...

All of the pictures are so adorable, I love the one with the two of them! And you look great Kristin! Congrats again!

Carrettas in Chicago said...

Congrats again on your gorgeous family - so glad you're all home and well. Love the pics of the munchkins together and you look amazing. Seriously, I can't believe you just had a baby!! XOXO

Barbara Dennison said...

Audrey, you are the BEST big sister!!!!!

Love,

Grammy