Friday, February 1, 2013

{twinkle twinkle} our little star...

Those of you with kids with winter birthdays get this, but planning a January birthday party is hard! I have been lucky with the other 2 kids having spring birthdays that we can have lots of friends at our house, throw the kids outside and enjoy. Having all those kids INSIDE our house is just not as easy. I looked into having it somewhere else, but it just wasn't my thing and didn't make sense to pay tons of money for something Grayson wouldn't even enjoy. But we needed to celebrate, I mean this kid needed a first birthday! So I decided at the last minute to do a brunch with just a couple of our close friends. I told everyone (and myself) that I was keeping it simple, which I did in my terms on that word. But I still had to make some fun stuff for my baby, you only turn one once right? I thought the star theme was really cute and it turned out to be really easy to execute... LOVE!

The party was perfect, low key, lots of food and catching up and laughing. And Grayson was a trooper, skipping his morning nap to participate. Saying he loved his cake is a bit of an understatement as you can see in the pictures below... So much fun... He went all in with frosting matted just about everywhere. But that's what you do on your first birthday right???


No comments: