Sunday, June 10, 2012

American Girl...

I decided a couple of weeks ago that I wanted to get Audrey an American Girl Doll for her birthday. Charlie thought I was crazy since she has never asked for one, but I envisioned this special trip with just Audrey and I and thought it would be something she would love. Making it happen with just the 2 of us proved to be a little challenging logistically, but my wonderful neighbor Kara stepped in a watched the boys while Audrey and I went.

Audrey had no idea where we were going (I actually told her we were going to a doctors appointment so Chase didn't want to come) and guessed the entire car ride. We walked up to the store and I wasn't sure she would recognize it but boy was I wrong... "American Girl"!!! I told her she could pick out any doll she wanted which was fun but also a little overwhelming for her. Talk about eye candy for a 5 year old... She ran around for awhile and we finally ended up with one of the My American Girls with long curly blonde hair and brown eyes. I wanted to grab something to eat at the cafe but we didn't have time for lunch so we sat down at the bar which turned out to be way better. We ordered a milkshake and banana strawberry sundae and they sang Happy Birthday to her so Audrey was in heaven. It was a lot of fun and I'm so glad we did it. I really enjoyed hanging out with her one on one and Audrey said several times on the way home that "this was the best day ever" which made my heart melt... Doesn't get much better than that...


No comments: