Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dorothy and the Giraffe...

Well we had a successful costume year in the Dennison household. I don't know if you remember last years costume debacle with Audrey (ie. she refused to wear one), but I was pretty scared by that whole experience and wanted to make this year as smooth as possible. I decided if I got a dress type costume it would be easy to get her to wear it, or easier at least. I found a Dorothy costume and crossed my fingers. But she did great with it! She loved the concept of wearing a costume (well either that or she knew needed to do it to get the candy but whatever) and put it on with no issues. While I have to admit she had no idea who she was (I tried to explain, but she doesn't even know what a movie is, let alone a character in a movie) she looked darn cute. I'm looking forward to next year when hopefully she will be old enough to want to be something...

Chase on the other hand I had a tough time with. I got 2 different costumes for him and neither fit and I got a little discouraged by the whole thing. Then I started to feel like a horrible mother that the poor kid had no costume for his 1st Halloween. So my neighbor came to the rescue and let him borrow a giraffe outfit which worked out perfect. I laughed because giraffes are huge in the baby world right now as any of you new mothers know (Sophie is one his favorite toys). I told Charlie "oh he is going to be Sophie for Halloween, how cute". Charlie said "no, my son will not be Sophie, he is a giraffe". Ok whatever. He wore the costume for all of an hour but looked darn cute.

No comments: