Friday, October 17, 2008

Halloween Costume...

SO not happening this year! I came to the realization last night that there is no way that Audrey is wearing a typical Halloween costume this year and I am extremely saddened. I have been contemplating her costume for this year for awhile now, at least a month. I wanted something cute, but girly (why are most Halloween costumes so masculine??) but not a princess (I have plenty of those years coming up I am sure). I had no luck finding what I envisioned, so my friend Talin was nicest enough to pick up a cute Panda costume for me. I tried it on Audrey when I got home and I kid you not I have never seen her freak out worse! It was a 1 piece costume and I basically forced her into it and she just stood there grabbing at it and screaming. Ok, so that got returned. I then ordered a Monkey costume from Old Navy, it was cheap and cute and 2 piece and figured why not try. So I finally tried on the top piece last night and we had a total repeat of the Panda costume. I made monkey noises (much to Charlie's disgust) while putting it one so it was "fun", yeah right, not so fun. She hated it and screamed until it came off. Ok, so that is going back now too. I'm so bummed. She was so cute last year (she was a Pink Butterfly) and I really looking forward to her Trick-or-Treating finally this year in a cute costume. I need to get over it obviously, the girl has an opinion on everything, not sure why I thought she wouldn't have an opinion about a costume... My last resort is a Michigan Cheerleading outfit that I got from my friend Colleen for my baby shower awhile back that is like a dress and I am crossing my fingers won't be a big deal to wear. Plus, I figure Michigan can use all the cheering they can get this season, right????

No comments: