Monday, August 25, 2008

We Survived Fay...

Well we returned yesterday evening from our trip to Orlando and I am happy to say that we survived Fay! She certainly was an unwanted guest ALL week (it rained from Tues - Fri pretty much non-stop, with some good showers on Saturday) but all of the guests made it in from out of town and the wedding was a huge success!

Audrey and I's sun bathing and pool visits were pretty limited (I believe I am whiter then when I went down), but Audrey got some major bonding time with both Grandma's which was priceless... We stayed at a timeshare condo with Charlie' mom for the 1st couple of days, then my mom got in Tuesday and we stayed with her a couple of days, then Charlie and I moved over to the hotel where the wedding was and Audrey spent some time with my mom while Charlie and I participated in all the wedding activities. Audrey had a great time all week and enjoyed the wedding events more then I had thought. As long as she could run around she was fine, which is not tiring at all, ugh... She made it at the rehearsal dinner til 8:30 and the reception til at least that long, quite a trooper as many of your know this is WAY past her bedtime...

Side note on the flights with Audrey. Not so much fun. She was ok on the way down with me, but she only slept about 20 minutes total for the entire 2 1/2 hour flight and wasn't so excited to sit in my lap for the rest of the time. I sat next to some very nice and patient people though which helped. Coming home yesterday with all of us together was not fun at all. She actually slept for 1 1/2 hours, but the time she was up she was miserable. But we made it, and Charlie is really looking forward to flying by himself with her in a couple of weeks to go to Memphis... Ha...

The Dennison Family at Karen & Vinnie's Rehearsal...

No comments: