Monday, June 14, 2010

Audrey's Garden Party - Details...

I had a ton of fun planning Audrey's party this year. The main reason is that Audrey is SO into parties right now for whatever reason so I wanted to make it really special for her. The other reason is that I started an etsy shop in February with a friend of mine and have been making cupcake toppers and other paper party goods for clients, so I am thinking about parties all the time!

I was hopeful that Audrey would pick a theme this year but she really didn't care, so I took it upon myself to pick one. I decided to go with a Garden Party theme, girly and fun and perfect for a summer birthday! We invited all girls and asked them all to wear their party dresses, which was adorable... I set up a long table outside for them all to sit at which worked really well (thanks to my neighbors for letting me borrow kiddy chairs so everyone could sit!). All the girls went home with a flower wand and a little goodie bag with fun stuff like a butterfly tatoo and a couple fairy silly bands (which are huge here, not sure about everywhere else in the country...). And whats a birthday party without lots of sugar? We had yummy cupcakes, marshmallow pops & ring pops, yumm... I think everyone had a great time, I know Audrey did! Now I need to explain to her that she has to wait an entire year til her next birthday, wish me luck with that...

No comments: