Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Boston Marathon...

I don't know how many of you have watched a marathon before but let me tell you, it is REALLY impressive! I mean these people make 26.2 miles look like a walk in the park. It is even more impressive when you know people running in the marathon... We ended up knowing 3 people running, Anna, her dad Rick, and Pat, who is Beth's sister-in-laws brother (is there a name for that relation???).

Beth, Colleen, Lina and I went to Wellesley Monday morning to Beth's brother's house to cheer everyone on. He lives at the 14.5 mile marker (or something close to that) right past the 1/2 way point. There are so many people running we were nervous we would miss them, but we ended up seeing all 3 people run by and got to cheer them on!
Here's Anna in the white t-shirt on the left of the pix. It's the coolest thing seeing them, but it is literally for a second and then they are gone again. Here are us girls working hard cheering. Tough work... To the right are Beth's adorable nephews, waiving signs to their Uncle Pat. We went down to the finish line to see Anna finish but I had forgotten how crazy it is down there. It is 10 people deep and impossible to walk anywhere. We ended up finding a corner and standing several people back, but Beth and I are convinced we saw Anna go by.

Regardless, congratulations Anna! I'm so proud of you! What an accomplishment. She ran the marathon in 3:45:38, amazing... She may have inspired me to start running again. Who am I kidding, that's not going to happen anytime soon...


Here's to the finish line, it at least looks beautiful in pictures...

1 comment:

Lara said...

I am so glad you started a blog! YAY!!! it is so easy and makes staying in touch so easy too! Audrey is adorable and Avery is right behind her in the teeth market. She has 5 now and 3 coming in at the moment. Love you guys!